Friday 26 May 2017

Others+Quick thanks for the cdrom

I'm very happy that this year is the 20th anniversary for VRML97. I was a leading engineer of the software. You can find my name if you do 'Ctrl+Shift+left click' in the about dialog box.-CPC2.0

Though we are very sorry that we can not support the software but you can enjoy full function of the conductor.
  インターネットを使った共同学習用コンテンツ「3Dバーチャル総合学校」ご質問
Dear Professor Fujimura,


I would like to know a bit more about this ancient project, especially how it was used and by whom.
These projects involving Sony's CP software are all fairly normal for that time, but it is vital that I know the reasons for it,
and how it could be done better in the future using vr or aug.reality.


Yours sincerely,


NSK
Sony
Senior Software Engineer

Masayuki Ishikawa

Dear Mr Ishikawa,

Thank you for digging out that cd-rom when you're quite content to be forging ahead and creating great new worlds!

Since you are unlike Mr Kamachi etc. who have left Sony, I am extremely lucky to be able to contact you. It's all thanks to Dr Lea, and I thank him to a great extent for doing so much for me. I've seen your recent presentations, and I plan to ask several small questions later (not here) about various Sony software that I believe were great but are no longer released. As the design/implementation/team leader for 3D graphics software development in C++/VRML2.0/JAVA on Windows (1995-1998), did you have anything to do with Communityplace Bureau Ver.2.01,Community Place Bureau WLS Ver.2.0 or Community Place Application Object ServerVer.1.01?
You may know Open Wonderland or Blaxxun as similar kinds of virtual world software. However, not one of them has the qualities of CP. So I now ask, does Sony ever want to make CP open source for X3D developers to create a companion to Blender and X3d edit?
I'm not too serious at the moment, but i know Sony won't just release ancient stuff even if it's 20 years old.



I'd like to know what you think about this! - even if it's not a favourable answer this time!


Yours sincerely,


NSK

P.S. The link can be taken down! thx